Leave it to “American Idol” season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken to bridge the gap between wondering why the hell people want Donald Trump to be president and understanding their unflappable support.
Millions of people have watched, liked and shared videos documenting Jordan Klepper visiting Donald Trump rallies. Klepper is a correspondent for “The Daily Show” who has advantageously built a reputation of playing off the stereotype that projects Trump supports to be uneducated, prejudice and non-inclusive to the freedoms of the free world.
— Oh, and that they’re sexist as fuck, too!
While Klepper’s videos are absolutely hilarious, but unsettling at the same time, they don’t really deliver any logic explaining why millions of Americans are die-hard Trump supporters. Leave it to Clay Aiken to put his investigative skills to the test. He visited a rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania on Oct. 10 for a segment on “The View.” That’s right, “The View” sent Clay Aiken to find out why people love Trump.
This year just keeps getting more weird, right?
Aiken, who admits he’s voting for Hillary Clinton come Nov. 8, said he was originally nervous to attend a Trump rally and questioned the behavior of the GOP nominee’s supporters. To his surprise, he told “The View” co-hosts supporters were “very friendly” and gracious.
Trump are “very afraid” of losing their jobs, Aiken said. “Donald Trump has made them believe he is not afraid,” he said.
Perhaps a leader who comes across fearless makes some voters feel safe in a country where violence, terrorism and and debt can have one feeling helpless.
Watch the entire video here:
Dickhead Jogger Arrested for Throwing Homeless Man’s Belongings in Lake
A video went viral of a jogger taking time out of his day to throw a homeless man’s belongings into a lake. The jogger has since been identified as 31-year-old Henry William Sintay by The Mercury News and was arrested. He’s currently being held on $100,000 bail.
The dickhead move made by the dickhead jogger happened by Meritt Lake in Oakland, California, on Friday, June 8. A witness named JJ Harris filmed the incident as a woman tried to stop the dickhead jogger. This video is messed up on so many levels — and not only because his thicc dad bod doesn’t suggest he has time to stop mid-jog to try to end homelessness.
— JJ Harris (@techboogie) June 9, 2018
Starbucks will close 8,000 stores May 29 for racial-bias training
Starbucks says it will close its 8,000 company-owned stores in the United States for one afternoon to educate employees about racial bias.
“I’ve spent the last few days in Philadelphia with my leadership team listening to the community, learning what we did wrong and the steps we need to take to fix it,” Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson said in a statement.
“While this is not limited to Starbucks, we’re committed to being a part of the solution,” he said. “Closing our stores for racial bias training is just one step in a journey that requires dedication from every level of our company and partnerships in our local communities.”
The announcement follows the controversial arrest of two black men who were waiting for a friend at a Philadelphia Starbucks last week after the store manager called the police. They were arrested for trespassing. The customers said they were waiting for another man to arrive. That person arrived at the store just as they were being arrested.
Starbucks’ CEO publicly apologized repeatedly following the arrests, which he called “reprehensible.”
Sherrilyn Ifill, the president of the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, and Jonathan Greenblatt, CEO of the Anti-Defamation League, will be among the help to design the program, as will executives from the Equal Justice Initiative and Demos, to roughly 175,000 Starbucks employees.
8 Facts About the Late, Great Barbara Bush
Former first lady Barbara Bush died in Houston on Tuesday. She was 92 years old. The wife of former president George H.W. Bush, and mother of former president George W. Bush, had been battling congestive heart disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and had recently decided not to seek any further treatment.
The matriarch of the Bush family was known for her bluntness and advocacy, but many young people know little about her. So, here are 8 straight up facts about the former first lady of the United States.
1. She was born Barbara Pierce in New York City on June 8, 1925.
2. She met met George H.W. Bush at a school dance in 1941, at the age of 16. After dating for a year and a half, the couple got engaged before he went off to World War II to serve as a Navy torpedo bomber pilot. When he returned on leave, she dropped out of Smith College in Northampton, Mass. and they got married two weeks later on Jan. 6, 1945, in Rye, N.Y.
3. Barbara gave birth to six children: George W. (in 1946), Pauline “Robin” (in 1949), Jeb (in 1953), Neil (in 1955), Marvin (in 1956), and Dorothy (in 1959). She lost her daughter “Robin” at the age of three to leukemia.
4. She served as second lady of the United States when George H.W. Bush was vice president to Ronald Reagan from 1981 to 1989.
5. She alarmed conservatives when she revealed she was pro-choice.
6. Describing Geraldine Ferraro, her husband’s opponent for vice president in 1984, she said: “I can’t say it, but it rhymes with ‘rich.'”
7. She was first lady of the United States from 1989 to 1993.
8. She helped to develop the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, which seeks to improve literacy in the U.S. through programs directed toward pre-school children and parental literacy while cementing her legacy. She spoke regularly on “Mrs. Bush’s Story Time,” a national radio program that stressed the significance of reading aloud to children.
Political affiliation aside, the death of Barbara Bush is a reminder that class in Washington is dying, too.
Living2 years ago
How to Make Your Pooch Some Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Ice Cream
Exclusive3 months ago
Why Camp No Counselors Founder Adam Tichauer Is the Godfather of Adulting
Videos2 years ago
Black Lives Matter Protests Ignite Conversation
Living2 years ago
Here’s the History and Rules of Not Shaving In November
Videos1 year ago
Whatever Happened to the Genetti Wedding Girl?
Dreams, Exposed7 months ago
Man running for mayor poses nude, exposes plan to save city
Exclusive8 months ago
Scranton’s mayor drops out of debate, dismisses millennial population
Videos2 years ago
Watch Asialena Slay this Jazzy Cover of Work by Rihanna